This week we’re going to check out all the latest bivvies on the market.
Recently I was looking for a new bivvy and found there was some great new products on the market and here are some of my favourites I found.
If you are new to carp fishing or would like to know more about bivvies and what features you should look for when buying one check out this guide.
Personally I was looking for a quick erect, light weight but durable bivvy so I went for the Chub RS-Plus Max bivvy.
The bivvies below cover all situations and suits every type of angler so what are you waiting for, find the one that suits you best.
Here’s your guide to bivvies in 2015
Trakker Tempest Composite Bivvy
- Ultra light weight
- Quick to assemble
- Unique locking system
- Very roomy
- Winter wrap is available
Kampa Carp AIR – Inflatable Bivvy
- A unique design and concept
- Very durable made from top quality air-breathing material
- Put up and take down in seconds
- Air pump included
- Quite possible the future of bivvies
- A bivvie for if you don’t mind spending a little more money for a top quality bivvie
Chub RS-Plus Bivvy Range
- The range has something for everyone from day ticket anglers to hardcore long session anglers
- top quality materials and poles
- Very Stable
- Ultra Stylish
- 2 different winter overwraps available
- Real value for money
- Check out our review of the Chub RS-Plus Max bivvy
Aqua Products® Atom® Bivvy
- Designed for the mobile angler in mind
- Light weight and compact design
- Top Quality Material and structure poles
- Ideal for fishing Europe
- External wrap available
- At the top end of the market
Wychwood D-Ploy Bivvy System
- Ultra stylish design
- Unique fan rib system designed for stability
- Customisable door system unique to this bivvy
- Also comes with mesh panels for the summer months
- At the top end of the bivvy market
JRC Stealth Bloxx Bivvy
- Smart compact design
- Comes as one piece
- Accordion rib and central block design which has been added for extra stability and quick setup
- Full feature door
- Back air vents
- Ideal for fishing abroad
- Ultra spacious
A short guide on buying a bivvy
Things to look out for when buying a bivvy:
Make sure the bivvy comes good quality screw pegs.
If you are only fishing during the day a brolly system is ideal because its light weight and quick to set up giving your more time to set up the rest of your gear.
If you planning on using the bivvy for longer fishing session make sure the bivvy comes with a ground sheet and also find out if an overwrap is available as it will remove any condensation and keep the bivvy cooler.
If you planning to fish abroad an full bivvy system such as the JRC Stealth Bloxx Bivvy is ideal.
If your planning on taking a friend night fishing or just want a lot more room to storage gear a two-man bivvy is ideal.
I hope you enjoyed our 2015 bivvy shootout and I hope that if you was looking for a new bivvy that you either found what you was looking for or have a better idea of what you want to buy.
If you liked this post please share your comments below and be sure to check out my other carp fishing tackle reviews.
And remember you can now subscribe to the blog to get all the latest carpy news and reviews to your emails weekly!