This week we take a look at the most current and popular bank wear designed for carp anglers for the winter months.
We will guide you through the types of clothing and what features carp anglers demand from their winter clothing. Clothing can make a hard winter session more bearable, keeping you dry and warm whilst giving you that carpy look on the bank.
Let’s get started with our essential winter clothing guide, including our top picks.
Winter has to be the worst season for excessive rain so having a good quality waterproof jacket is a must for keeping you dry and active on the bank.
One of our favorite rain jackets for this year has to be the Trakker Downpour Waterproof Jacket because of its extensive features, quality materials, being lightweight and value for money.
Trakker Downpour Waterproof Jacket
The key features are:
- Hide away adjustable toggled hood
- Integrated mesh vents throughout, giving you a very breathable jacket
- Heavy duty zips
- 2 secured zipped side pockets
- Part elasticated sleeves
- Comes with a compact toggled stuff sack
A coat is paramount during the winter months and wouldn’t leave home without one. A lot of the coats designed with carp anglers in mind give you the space for movement, but keeping you warm, waterproof and protected from the elements.
Our favourite coats this year has to be the Navitas Agent Lined Jacket and the Avid Carp Insulated Jacket, find out why these are favourites below.
Navitas Agent Lined Jacket
- Stylish design
- With full taped seams, waterproof zips and an addition of an extremely lightweight synthetic insulation
- Will keep you warm and dry in any conditions
- Folds away compactly
- Available in sizes S to XXXL
Avid Carp Insulated
- Fully insulated jacket
- Quality zips throughout
- Great value for money
A quality hoodie or jumper is essential to keeping you active on the bank during the winter. Over the past few years carp brands have put a huge amount of effort into giving us a range of stylish tops which look great on and off the bank, giving you so much choice and individuality.
As there are so many hoodies/jumpers designed for carp anglers here’s our top picks for this year.
Fox Chunk Quilted Quilt Tec Jacket
- Quilted lightweight hooded jacket
- Special blend of synthetic fibres give an insulted and comfortable filling
- PU water-resistant coated outer fabric
- Zipped hand pockets
- Available in small to XXXL
Trakker Earth Hoodie
- Two-tone design hoody
- Soft lined tonal hood
- Leather embossed icon badge
- Quality materials used throughout
- Sizes from S-3XL
If you want to check out more hoodies designed for carp anglers, check out our 10 of the Best Hoodies Designed for Carp Anglers guide.
Wearing the right footwear during the winter can protect your feet from getting damp, prevent you from slipping over and give you comfort from all the harsh winter elements.
It’s important to find comfortable, thick, well made boots that don’t make your feet sweat or swell up.
Here’s our top picks of the most popular footwear for carp anglers during the winter.
Skee Tex Thermal Boots
- A popular choice for carp anglers
- Thermal lining, making it the warmest winter boot available
- Quality materials throughout
- 100% waterproof
Wychwood Waters Edge Boots
- Designed to offer superb comfort, durability and protection against anything the weather can throw at them
- Features include a custom lacing system
- Offering maximum ankle support on rough ground
- A robust deep-tread sole for maximum grip
- Water-resistant membrane to keep your feet dry and warm
- Available in sizes: 7-12
Vass 700e Waders
- Most popular waders/great for keeping dry
- Chest wader box stitch reinforcement with elasticated braceloop with a quick release buckle
- Internal pocket for keeping bait, terminal tackle etc
- New High Quality Vass Boot, wider calf and foot fitting for comfort
- Studded sole
If you’re looking for a more affordable pair of waders I would highly recommend checking out our Vass 600 chest waders review.
Keeping your head and ears warm is very important during the winter months. Ideal for day and night sessions and will make a big difference to your overall body temperature.
Here’s our top head wear picks for winter carp fishing.
Trakker Chunky Knit Beanie
- Can be worn slouch-style or folded up
- Leather embossed Trakker logo patch
- One size fits all
- 100% acrylic
- Plum-coloured beanie hat
- Worn by pro anglers such as Darrell Peck
Skee Tex fur deerstalker style hat
- Great for heavy rain and snowy conditions
- Thermal hat with ear flaps
- Completely waterproof
- Fur lined
- Camo colour
TF Gear Chill Out Onesie
- Great for night fishing
- Covers full body, doesn’t allow cold air to seep through
- Ideal first clothing layer
- Carp green design
Thermal long johns and vest
- Skin tight giving you warmth and comfort
- Don’t leave home without them
- Great first clothing layer
- Breathable and warm
- Thick stitched socks
- Great for very cold or snowy days
- Skin tight
- So comfortable!
Touchdown Camo Snood
- Great for protecting your face from the elements
- Toggled hood
- Carpy camo design
- Ideal for night fishing
Thanks for reading our essential guide to carp fishing clothing for winter.
If you have questions about winter carp fishing clothing or have any favourites of your own that you want to share please leave your comments below.
If you enjoyed this guide and want to read more guides like this make sure you check out our tackle guides, tackle news and reviews.